What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer by websites. They are tools that play an essential role in providing many information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies, depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained:
- First-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as first-party cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept to provide the requested service to the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: data remains stored in the device and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security features while browsing, storing content to broadcast videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: these enable the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the responsible party to monitor and analyse the user behaviour on the websites they are linked to. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the website, application or platform activity and to create user browsing profiles for these sites, applications and platforms, so as to introduce improvements based on analysing the data on the use made by users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they manage advertising spaces in the most efficient way possible.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store information on users’ behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising accordingly.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option of allowing, blocking or deleting the cookies installed on your computer using the browser settings installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. You may choose which cookies you want to operate on this website at any time. You can allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer using the browser settings installed on your computer:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge:
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
• Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage your browser’s cookie file by using tools such as the following:
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used on https://balmesvet.com/
The cookies that are being used on this website are identified below, as well as their type and function:
Cookies Policy Acceptance
This information allows you to take the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the website during the current session.
- Close. The warning is hidden on this page.